2 day course
February 19 & 20, 2022
Live & recorded
NO HANDSTAND EXPERIENCE? NO PROBLEM!
But, it is recommended you have some physical Yoga experience or basic fitness to participate.
This course has two points of focus.
1. Conditioning exercises to warm up, strengthen, & open your body, making your handstand easier, as well as safer.
2. Handstand techniques! There's lots of ways to invert on your hands. You will learn various handstand positions using props for support and free handstanding positions.
Prepare for the best experience!
1. A clear open space to practice. Make sure there is nothing near by to crash with in case you fall! (but probably not going to happen with our methods)
2. A camera set up with full view of your practice space if you want to get live feedback.
3. Ideally have access to a clear wall space, or if not available at least a large stable chair or table.
4. Don't eat at least 2-3 hours before the session, obviously! (well something light, fruit, salad, or nuts 1-2 hours before is pretty ok)
5. Practice the preparation exercises regularly before the workshop in the video you will receive!
19th & 20th February, 2022
February 19th, 2022
11:00 - 13:30 EST
Practice Sajeeva Yoga warm ups & strength exercises that will prepare us to learn & apply the primary alignment and activation principles of handstand practice. You'll start with simple steps using supports and movements progressing towards free, straight handstands. The session finishes with a final strengthening drill, releasing stretches, and relaxation.
February 20th, 2022
11:00 - 13:30 EST
Review the alignment and basic techniques followed with lots of handstand practice drills! We will touch on a few more subtle details and end with stretching and relaxation. Enjoy the invigoration!
Video recordings will be available
21st February, 2022.
Learn to Chill in Handstand!
I want to take my handstand to the next level!